Romance and Dubrovnik go together like oysters and champagne. One of the top wedding destinations in Europe, Dubrovnik is a hotspot for couples’ holidays, a place so beautiful that it has provided the backdrop for countless proposals and declarations of love.
If you are looking for somewhere to holiday as a couple, honeymoon together or even say “I do”, our romantic holidays in Dubrovnik will win you over in luxurious style. Relax in one of our rooms or suites, right beside the Adriatic – all of our hotels have a seafront location – enjoy beautiful sunsets together, glass of wine in hand, and enjoy a holiday filled with romantic surprises.
For the ultimate romantic vacation in Dubrovnik, we recommend:
Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik
Enjoy a private dinner on the beach at Hotel Bellevue and experience one of the most enchanting settings in Dubrovnik. Our chic beachside hotel boasts beautiful rooms and suites that have been designed with couples in mind. In our exclusive Romantic Rooms, luxurious, freestanding baths have been placed in the room – perfect for a candlelit evening for two.
Hotel Excelsior Dubrovnik
Many celebrity couples have stayed at the Hotel Excelsior, including Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, Sophie Loren and Carlo Ponti. They all fell in love with the romantic terrace at Abakus Piano Bar, perfectly positioned for enjoying the magnificent sunsets and views of the Old Town, and so will you. The best-loved suites for couples are those with Old City views from the bathtub.
Hotel Dubrovnik Palace
All 308 of the rooms at the award-winning Hotel Dubrovnik Palace have a balcony overlooking the sea – the best setting in the city from which to view the incredible sunsets. Enjoy a four-course candlelit dinner served on your balcony and watch the sun go down together. The luxury spa is where loved-ones head to relax and enjoy exclusive treatments in our state-of-the-art couples’ room.
Hotel Kompas Dubrovnik
Its beautiful location and reasonable rates have made Hotel Kompas a popular destination for couples. The peaceful, comfortable accommodation is set right next to the beach, and the huge terrace by the pool is a romantic spot to enjoy the incredible sunsets for which this region is renowned.
Grand Villa Argentina
Grand Villa Argentina’s spectacular gardens are the perfect setting for peaceful afternoons and romantic nights spent in each other’s company. Our revered French chef, Thierry Caruel, cooked at the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, and he will prepare a similarly lavish meal for you at Victoria Restaurant, one of the most celebrated fine-dining establishments in Dubrovnik.
For a romantic getaway of a lifetime, spend a week at the exclusive Villa Agave. Many celebrity couples have experienced the private luxury of our beautiful villa. During our renowned Agave breakfast, enjoy magnificent views of Lokrum Island and the Old Town. Come evening, head to one of the Villa’s five sea-facing terraces and await the arrival of your 24-hour butler with two glasses of chilled champagne.
Often described as the Taj Mahal of the Mediterranean, Villa Sheherezade is a palace befitting a princess. Built from white stone and topped with a turquoise dome, it is surrounded by 4,200sq m of immaculate gardens, with a huge outdoor pool and Jacuzzi set on the private beach, which is hidden from prying eyes. Built in the 1920s as an extravagant token of love, there is no more romantic setting in Dubrovnik to enjoy an enchanting luxury holiday.
Hotel Odisej, Mljet
In the middle of Mljet National Park, Hotel Odisej is one of those rare places where you feel completely at one with nature. With the scent of the sea and rare plants and flowers drifting by, it’s the perfect island retreat for couples looking to unwind together. Take romantic walks along sandy Saplunara beach and enjoy a sunset dinner cruise to the secluded island of St Mary in the heart of Mljet.
Our top recommendations for couples:
- Enjoy a private candlelit dinner on the shingle beach at the Hotel Bellevue
- Sip tasty cocktails as the sun goes down over Abakus Piano Bar at the Hotel Excelsior
- Take a romantic ride on a Dubrovnik cable car at night for spectacular views of the city
- Set off from Hotel Odisej for a sunset cruise on one of Mljet’s two saltwater lakes
- Savour a candlelit Mediterranean dinner on your terrace at the Hotel Dubrovnik Palace
- Enjoy a day of swimming in the secluded bays of Lokrum Island
- Renew your marriage vows on the terrace of Villa Agave
- Enjoy a la carte breakfast in bed in your luxurious Villa Orsula room
- Set off from Hotel Croatia or Hotel Supetar for a romantic walk along Cavtat’s seaside promenade
- Go for a midnight swim in the outdoor pool at Villa Sheherezade, set in 4,200sq m of beautiful gardens
- Sit down for a magnificent six-course dinner at Victoria, the renowned fine-dining restaurant at Grand Villa Argentina
- Stroll along the charming Dubrovnik streets after dark, enjoying an ice-cream on the way.