Spending quality time with your family is a rare treat in the hectic world we live in, so when you do take time out to be with your loved ones, you want it to be idyllic. Our family holidays in Dubrovnik have been tried and tested by many discerning parents over the years. The region is a beautiful, tranquil adventure playground for children, with all the ingredients that make a memorable family holiday – sun, beaches, sea, swimming pools – set in some of Croatia’s most spectacular locations.
Activities abound in the Dubrovnik region, a lush, green Mediterranean enclave with more than 250 sunny days a year. Both of our family-friendly hotels are surrounded by unspoilt nature. Thrill younger members of your family with activities prepared just for them: pony riding, water sports on the beach and fun and games at our kids’ club. Take a dip in the pool, swim in the clear, blue waters of the Adriatic Sea or set off on a walk or bike ride through the forest. Spacious family rooms and children’s menus have been designed to make your stay with us as relaxing as you envisaged.
For a memorable family vacation in Dubrovnik, we recommend:
Hotel Croatia Cavtat
In a peaceful bay, surrounded by fragrant pines, Hotel Croatia is a popular choice with families. Located across the bay from the picturesque harbour town of Cavtat, there is a spacious beach terrace directly in front of the hotel, where you can watch your children splashing about in the sea while you sunbathe. Rooms are comfortable and spacious, we offer tasty children’s menus, and our popular Kids’ Club runs throughout the summer. Family-friendly activities include pedalos, sea canoes and scuba-diving courses for children, and the forest is teeming with walking and cycling trails. The outdoor pool is especially popular with families.
Hotel Odisej, Mljet
Far away from the hustle and bustle of the city, in the heart of Mljet National Park, Hotel Odisej is a peaceful haven for families. Surrounded by nature, on Mljet Island you can spend the whole day in your bathing suit, exploring the sandy beaches, bays and caves. Cycling or hiking through the National Park is one of the most popular family pastimes on Mljet. Book a comfortable, tranquil family room and you can relax and refresh overnight, in anticipation of the adventure-filled days ahead.
Our Kid’s Club is open in July and August
Our top recommendations for families:
- Order a delicious afternoon ice-cream from one of the local ice-cream shops
- Set off on a family bike ride through the National Park on Mljet Island
- Bathe on sandy Saplunara beach, looking out for shells, on Mljet
- Take the whole family on a horse/pony riding excursion in the Konavle valley
- Enjoy an all-day trip to explore the Roman ruins, bays, small islands, magical villages and forests on Mljet Island
- Visit the house of famous local artist Vlaho Bukovac in Cavtat
- Take a boat out to explore the beautiful Odysseus cave, where, according to legend, the mythical Greek hero took refuge during a storm
- Enjoy a day out within the ancient city walls of Dubrovnik, just around the bay