#GoT to love Kings Landing
For those who may not have yet heard, Dubrovnik is the main filming location in Croatia for King’s Landing, the fictional city in Game of Thrones, the popular television series based on the series of fantasy novels “A Song of Ice and Fire” by George R.R. Martin and distributed by HBO.
George R.R. Martin himself couldn't have dreamt up a better real-life location for King's Landing, the seat of power in Game of Thrones, than Dubrovnik. The medieval town along Croatia's Adriatic coast, with its historic walls, towers and fortresses , is the perfect backdrop to the scenes of warring clans, as seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros.
Most of the scenes in the series are shot on location, so GOT fans can visit the places and see the spectacular scenery for themselves:
Lovrijenac Fortress | Lovrijenac Fort is the new scene for Red Keep, and the bay outside its walls was used as the setting for the sea battle at Blackwater where Stannis Baratheon tried to attack King's Landing.
Park Gradac | Setting of the Purple Wedding between Margaery Tyrell and King Joffrey Baratheon.
The island of Lokrum | Lokrum was used for exterior scenes, and as a setting for the city of Quarth.
Trsteno arboretum |This arboretum, located near Dubrovnik, was used as the coastal gardens of King's Landing where Tyrion and Varis plan their schemes and deceptions.
Send the raven!
Current and future aficionados of the blockbuster fantasy drama Game of Thrones are now able to enter the coveted fictional world themselves via the Discover King’s Landing tour package available at Dubrovnik’s beautiful Hotel Bellevue including:
- Luxury accommodations in a classic sea view room for two guests
- Daily breakfast feast for two at Vapor restaurant (or through in-room dining
- Replica of the "key to the city" of King’s Landing unlocking the GOT experience
- Introduction to the capital of the Seven Kingdoms through a private guided tour covering the shooting locations within the Old Town (transfer from the hotel included)
- Airport round transfers fit for the King (or Queen) of the Iron Throne in a BMW 7 series or Mercedes E class