You don’t have to be an adrenalin junkie to enjoy the type of holiday where you get out and experience your destination first hand. There are plenty of high-octane activities that will get your pulse racing on your adventure holiday in Dubrovnik, but more gentle pursuits, such as walking and snorkelling, are extremely popular too. After all, you are in one of Europe’s most naturally beautiful coastal resorts.
Leave the busy tourist areas behind and discover the beauty of this region up close. Paddle out to sea on a kayak or canoe, dive beneath the waves and explore shipwrecks and reefs or set off on a leisurely bike ride through the forest. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try your hand at rock climbing or join a jeep safari. Want to venture further afield? Hire a car or scooter and head off along the scenic Dubrovnik Riviera.
For the ultimate active vacation in Dubrovnik, we recommend:
Hotel Odisej Mljet
One of the 10 most beautiful islands in the world according to Time magazine, Mljet boasts two saltwater lakes, one of which encloses a tiny island and a monastery, endless hiking and biking paths and the clear, warm waters of the Adriatic Sea on your doorstep. Hotel Odisej is situated next to Mljet National Park, a green and tranquil space with endless opportunities for adventure.
- Biking and hiking – There are numerous hiking and biking paths through rich forests of Aleppo pine and evergreen oaks to cliffs and rocky shores
- Mountain biking – Set off on two wheels, through sleepy villages, to the remains of the Roman Palace. Watch out for mongoose, a peculiar mammal for which Mljet Island is famous
- Kayaking, canoeing or boating – Criss-cross the two lakes, visiting St. Mary Islet, or discover hidden coves aboard a kayak, canoe or boat
- Snorkelling and scuba diving – Observe the teeming underwater life above with a snorkel, or descend under the waves on a scuba-diving adventure to the underwater gardens beneath the two lakes
Hotel Croatia Cavtat
Situated across the bay from the historic walls of Dubrovnik, Hotel Croatia Cavtat is surrounded by nature on all sides. In front is beautiful Cavtat Bay, behind which rises a forest of fragrant pines. To the back is the endless blue of the Adriatic Sea. This idyllic destination is perfectly suited to outdoor adventures, with miles of cycling and hiking paths and a wide range of seaborne activities.
- Water sports – the options are endless, from swimming and snorkelling to kayaking, jet skiing, parasailing and deep-sea fishing. Cavtat aquatorium is a protected dive site with shipwrecks and underwater caves
- Biking and hiking – the Blue Footway hiking path weaves its way through the pine forest, passing olive orchards, vineyards, villages and steep cliffs with spectacular views. There are several marked cycling trails that allow you to choose the length and height of your bike ride
- Horseback riding tours – mount your horse and head out into the beautiful countryside
- Adventure sports – for the born adventurer, set off on a quad bike or jeep safari around Konavle or head to the cliffs at Prevlaka Peninsula for some rock climbing
Hotel Dubrovnik Palace
Located on the beautiful Lapad peninsula, the hotel is breathtakingly set into rocky cliffside, surrounded by the aromatic, pine-covered Petka woods. Overlooking the Adriatic sea, there are stunning views in every direction. Take advantage of the natural beauty of the surrounding area with our range of activities.
- Snorkelling and scuba-diving trips at the on-site diving club
- Hiking and walking through the beautiful protected Petka forest
Excursions that can be enjoyed by all our guests
You can set off on an adventure-filled trip from any of our hotels. Visit the Guest Relations desk at your hotel and ask them to book you on the excursion of your choice. We recommend:
- Swimming into Ulysses cave on Mljet Island
- Visiting St Mary’s Islet on Mljet Island
- Letting off steam on a Konavle quad bike tour
- Kayaking from the Old Town port to the Island of Lokrum
- Enjoying a picnic on Mljet Island’s sandy Saplunara Beach